Restorative Dentistry – Crowns & Bridges
Do you have broken, worn-down, cracked, or missing teeth? Urbandale Smiles is dedicated to helping you achieve a healthy and beautiful smile. If you’re struggling with teeth that make it difficult to eat or smile, our custom dental crowns and bridges could be the solution you’ve been searching for.
DENTAL CROWNS TREATMENT
How to know if you need a dental crown:
- To Strengthen a Weak Tooth: If a tooth is structurally weak due to extensive decay or an old, large filling, a crown can provide reinforcement and prevent further damage.
- To Restore a Broken Tooth: When a tooth has been fractured or seriously chipped, a crown can restore its shape, strength, and appearance.
- After a Root Canal: Endodontically treated teeth are non-vital, which makes them more prone to wear and breakage. Crowns reinforce your remaining tooth structure.
DENTAL BRIDGES FOR REPLACING TEETH
Here are a few situations where you may want to consider a dental bridge:
- To Replace Missing Teeth: If you have one or more missing teeth, a bridge can fill the open space and prevent adjacent teeth from shifting out of alignment.
- To Restore Your Smile: Bridges improve the function of your teeth as well as enhance your smile’s overall appearance.
- To Improve Oral Function: Filling gaps created by missing teeth helps you chew more effectively, preventing TMJ tension and irregular tooth wear.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN GETTING BRIDGES & CROWNS
We thoroughly evaluate your oral health needs and recommend the best treatment for your specific circumstances. If you need a crown or bridge, the treatment process is typically performed over two separate appointments.
During your prep visit, your dentist will numb the teeth being adjusted so that a crown or bridge has adequate space to fit over it properly. Next, precise impressions are taken to ensure that your restoration fits in line with the neighboring and opposing teeth. We will cover the prepped teeth with temporary crowns while the final restorations are being designed at the lab. Our team will take detailed records and color matching to ensure your restorations are made to your exact specifications.
We work closely with skilled dental laboratories to craft your crowns and bridges with the utmost precision. Our commitment to quality ensures long-lasting and aesthetically pleasing results. When it’s time for placement, which is usually two weeks later, we will ensure that your crown or bridge fits comfortably and securely cement it into place.
FOLLOW-UP CARE FOR CROWNS & BRIDGES
Although dental restorations don’t develop tooth decay, it’s still important to care for those teeth. Plan to floss and brush around each tooth every day to prevent plaque buildup or decay from forming around the margins of your dental work. We will provide you with instructions on how to care for those spaces and ensure that you have the support you need during the recovery process.
HOW TO PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT
Regular checkups and good oral hygiene habits are essential to maintain your dental implants. The key is to clean them regularly and keep the supporting gum and bone tissues as healthy as possible. Regular brushing, flossing, and professional cleanings are needed; if special cleaning aids are recommended (such as floss threaders or water flossers,) we will review those with you.