Green Dental Practice
Green Dental Practice in Urbandale
At Urbandale Smiles, we understand how important it is to keep the environment in mind in every aspect of our lives, including dental procedures. Various dental practices generate a large amount of waste and use excessive water and electricity that has a huge impact on the environment. All these emphasize the need to move towards green dentistry.
What Is Green Dentistry?
Green dentistry refers to the approach of providing dental care treatments using procedures, materials and technologies that are safe for the environment. According to the Eco-Dentistry Association, a green dental practice is one that practices:
- Conservation of energy, water, and money
- Reduction in generation of waste and pollution
- Use of advanced dental technology and innovations
How We Practice Green Dentistry
At Urbandale Smiles, we have incorporated the latest dental technology that help in improving our dental practices and procedures, so that less amount of waste is created and no harm is caused to the environment. We have been contributing towards environment conservation in the following ways:
- Use of digital X-rays that reduce the release of harmful chemicals into the environment.
- Provide metal-free dental restoration methods such as porcelain veneers and crowns that eliminate metal waste
- Utilize steam sterilization methods and biodegradable disinfectants that don’t cause release of toxic chemicals
- Practice use of non-toxic and eco-friendly products to eliminate unnecessary waste
- Employ the right methods of medical waste disposal
- Sparingly using water and energy by turning off the tap while washing hands, using motion sensors and CFLs.
We continuously strive to contribute to the “Go Green” initiative through our safe and eco-friendly procedures.
If you are looking for a green dental practice near you, contact us at (515) 276-7800